Shastrartha
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shastrartha

Hindu Nationalist.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Self-defence.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackmetalman
Admin
Blackmetalman

Self-defence. Empty
PostSubject: Self-defence.   Self-defence. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:37 pm

A Hindu speaks his mind and trashes Wendy Doniger and Caravan magazine.

Quote :

Liberals should probably skip my comments. I come from a very conservative, Hindu family. Ramayana, is one of the world's most spiritually uplifting text. There have been saints like Sri Bodhendra Saraswati of Sri Kanchi Mutt who wrote a 10,000 page magnum opus on just the glory of the word Ram! Saint Tyagaraja poured his heart out in Bhakti thinking of Rama. Sri Ramana Maharshi, one of the Greatest Saints this Millenium has seen used to shed tears profusely just by reading a few verses of Valmiki Ramayan. When a scripture so revered, and The God so loved, if He is brought down to a level of discussion where He doubts His own Brother and Mother Sita, how do you expect Hindus to stay silent? If someone write the same about Gods / Prophets of other religions will it be silently accepted? There is a limit to freedom. One cannot step onto sentiments of millions of Hindus with wanton abandon.

I don't have much respect for this magazine as well:

[1] Wendy Doniger, the author of The Hindus, is possibly the most reputed academic in the field of Hindu studies today. Says who? We literally suck up to the westerners who have no idea what it is to be a Hindu. No Hindu Acharya would even speak a word with her. But, for most people praises by other westerners only matters. How convenient!

[2] Hinduism defies definition and is open to debate because it’s constantly changing, partly in response to such debates. Wrong again. Hinduism is based on Shruti vaakyas. They don't change - Different ways of worship from peaceful ones and really scary (to me) the ways of Aghoris.

[3] Doniger’s books provoke the realisation that the spirit of argument is essential to Hinduism There are two kinds of arguments - Towards the argument (prathi vadam) and for the sake of argument (vidanda vaadam) - Hinduism does not require later. The entire science of arguing (tarka sastra) was evolved only to get to the core of the truth. And not to be used with people like Wendy ---- All these rants, in the end are of no use. People only see what they want to see. India has been let down more by insiders than by external forces. I am happy that some people took effort to ban the book.

Found here(Scroll down,to see the above in the comments section).
Back to top Go down
https://shastrartha.forumotion.org
Blackmetalman
Admin
Blackmetalman

Self-defence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-defence.   Self-defence. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Self-defence. SC7OpuR
Back to top Go down
Blackmetalman
Admin
Blackmetalman

Self-defence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-defence.   Self-defence. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:27 am

Self-defence. SsRNgG0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Self-defence. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-defence.   Self-defence. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Self-defence.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shastrartha :: Āryāvarta. :: The Solution.-
Jump to: